Monday 15 September 2014

Shoe Box Project!

Presentation Strategies
Year 1 - Semester 2






















I was provided with a cardboard box, in which I used to model
to communicate a residential space,
which involved complex geometric/rounded shapes....
This is what I modelled, using paper, foam board,
foil, tuct tape cardboard rolls etc
I took a photo of the box with my iPad and printed it out.
I drew my model by using butter paper
(tracing paper) over the top of the photo print out, and using a pencil
to outline all the shapes
and added shading to give it depth and character
This is colour rendering, using soft chalks
to add colour of your choice to your drawing.
Best way to colour render is not to be heavy handed with the colours.
Photocopy a few drawings and have a go!
doesn't matter if you mess up as you
can practise on the photocopies as much as you want.
When you're happy take it to the photoshop programme to
enhance it even more!




This is my final presentation drawing
In photoshop you can add layers upon layers of
textures, colour and objects.  Never used it before,
but our tutor printed out basic handouts in which to follow and apply,
and I practised the process in class.
It was exciting and a little nerve racking at first, but once
you got the hang of it, it was a great tool!

I was assessed for my model making, drawing, hand and computer rendering
The final image was applied to a presentation board
and I wrote a poem of the process I went through to create this
presentation drawing (poem below)




Under-water Apartment Sensation

A shoe box!!! Sean happily handed out one each
"Design a room", he said "you have new tasks to reach"
Creating models with paper and glue
Where to start, i didn't have a clue!

Creating got started by designing a light
A few holes here and there, the idea was insight
Loo rolls for shades and perspex for stairs
Duct tape, foil and paper that tares

Share and remark on our models we did
Took a photo of our box, some included the lid
To the copier to develop a black and white pic'
Started drawing on trace paper, it just took a tick!

Enlarged it I did next, to A3 size
I made a few copies, i thought that was wise
Shaded here, there & a highlight to touch
It gave it depth and it improved it so much

The next step was rendering, some colour to add
Light touches at first, heavy hand would be bad
Blue, purple & orange are colours I used
Blended and smudged to create fab hues.

Introduction to Photoshop, here we go again
Another computer task to drive me insane!!

 no, I was surprised by the things I achieved
My photoshop image is great, I didn't became grieved

Layer, edit, image and file
Going through these selections took me a while
So proud I am of my final creation
A submarine apartment, undersea sensation!



What a fun project! (and it was an assignment)




No comments:

Post a Comment